Wednesday, September 20, 2006

aahh, history papers

(that's a scream, not a sigh in the title)
Yes, I received my history paper back today, and I'm ready to kill myself (but the teacher first). I've always written really bad papers, and this time because I had an English paper due the day before, I despaired of them both and wrote sarcastically. And his response?
"When you write in your own voice and, as it were, conversationally, you express yourself clearly and well (if too informally for this kind of argument). I, therefore, conclude that you have the potential to be a fine writer. I appreciate the plea in the initial lines, but can only respond that such is indeed the student's lot. C minus."
AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!! oh, the pain. But there's hope, tomorrow I get my English paper back. Unfortunately, I will also receive my PoliSci test. And take two Greek quizzes, because I missed one last week. Grr. Oh, well. To quote my 'eminent' history professor, "such is indeed the student's lot. G sharp." Whatever.

N.B. In one of my former posts, I recited the Greek alphabet from memory, but I got it wrong. It should be: theta, iota, kappa, lambda,..., upsilon, phi, chi, psi, omega! So there, Sarah! hehe :P And we learned the first declension feminine, and the first conjugation. Blech, but interesting to see the parallels between Latin and Greek. Anyway, I'm off to lunch. More later!

1 comment:

Sam said...

such helpful comments. *rolls eyes* sounds like my english teacher... believe me, I can sympathize! *lots of headpats* hopefully your english paper will be better. I'll say a prayer for you ;)
wow... I am so never taking greek... *head spinning at the idea of learning an entirely different alphabet* you're awesome, Mere!